Saturday 3 January 2015

What's missing // one word


As I navigated my way through last year with honour as my guiding word, I was so very aware of all that was missing in my days. As well as the rituals, choices and activities I was consciously choosing that honoured my heart, body and mind, of course. But the missing things, they just really stood out. 

Ever so slowly I started adding these back into my life. I wondered how they disappeared in the first place, and saw that it was so easy to bench the things that lifted me up in order to get the day-to-day done. 

But, and this is the best part, when I added those missing things in (hello five minutes solo time sitting at the beach before heading to work; reading and getting immersed in fiction once again; more playing with my girls and scrapping our so-called agenda for a while and letting spontaneity take hold a little more often) I felt so much more alive. 

I felt like I was honouring the true me. And doing this brought me more energy, more time for what I wanted to do and what needed to be done. It bought me closer to my heart. And I found more energy to give.

It's also lead me to this year's word: joy. In fact by late last year, I knew joy was the one. Because all those missing bits equated to adding little sprinklings of more joy back into my days. 

So there it is - a wish, an intention, for joy to be my guide. And with a new little one to join our family mid this year, joy + love are so much in my heart and on my mind right now.

xx

~ Sharing my one word with Maxabella Loves here


Have you chosen a guiding word this year? Any wishes, hopes or plans for 2015? xx

18 comments:

  1. The perfect word for you and the year ahead, I love it. I wish you many sprinklings of joy in 2015 Elisa. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, hey, down in my heart todaaaay... Sorry about that! But I hope that song fills your world all year long. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. May 2015 bring you loads of JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *popped over from Maxabella Loves 'One Word' link-up.

    Joy is one of my favourite words. It's my preferred word rather than happiness which I think tends to fleeting and activity/event based. Joy to me is about how we experience the bad aswell as the good. It's a beautiful word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely choice for your guiding word Elisa. I hope your days are full of much love & joy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you SO MUCH joy this year hon. Especially beach joy and baby joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Elisa. And with joy in your life, all the rest seems to fall into place.
    I think you're going to have much of it this year.
    Happy 2015, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post. Joy sounds a perfect choice. Like you my words seem to find me and the rest falls in to place. Happy new year to you, looking forward to seeing where your year of joy takes you. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post! And such a clear path for a new word... just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you the most amazing, joyful year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful to see how a word can have such impact and bring change. And now joy. Perfect. I hope 2015 is all you know it will be. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the word joy and that feel like it is the perfect fit ~ nothing is better. I hope your new year if off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great word!!! Fits with our weekly photo project. And I know your year is going to be full of joys x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh ELISA...wishing you many joys this year X

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post was so inspiring, Elisa! Wish you all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! We are due almost at the same time, so it will lovely to hear about your experience. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. hurray for a new year and a new baby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the word joy. May this year bring you much joy. Congratulations on your beautiful new little one Elisa. I hope you are keeping well. Much love. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support. I'm so glad you stopped by xx