Tuesday 4 December 2012

Things I don't know



Often I reflect on what I know, what I'm learning {what I've learnt} and I ponder what and how I feel. And then I write.

I wonder about all that too - what I know, what I feel, what I see and what I don't. And then I write.


Sometimes I just write.

But lately, I've been caught up in all I really don't know. {And not writing}.

I'm forever wanting to learn {hear, understand, read} new things. But mostly I want to relearn what I do know on a deeper level.

Maybe that's why I love yoga so much. I may have practiced the same pose for five years but how I feel it and the way I witness it changes almost every time.

This week when I sat down to write, what I do know got shuffled to the back of my mind and what I don't know buzzed forth.

I'm sure the answers to what I don't know will come when I need them {or not at all if I don't need them...}

Things I don't know:

~ What anyone else is going through at any one time. {Acknowledging that makes me more accepting, forgiving, tolerant, understanding}.

~ Why it took me so long to work out I just needed to slow down. {Wow, life feels so much better at this pace.}
 
~ Why I can't get to the end of my to-do list. Ever.

~ Why I think having three different to-do lists will make me more efficient. I'm just confused. And unsure where to start.

~ Why {for the first time} I don't feel I need a Christmas present this year. {I think my recent gratitude practice may have something to do with it though...}
 
~ Why I keep changing my mind about what I want to be when I grow up. {And if that will ever stop...}

~ Why we {little miss three and I} can't find a rainbow. It rains and then the sun shines. That should equal a rainbow. Right?
~ Why friends you haven't spoken to in years come back into your life at the perfect time. {Love that they do}.


xx

 
{Writing down what I don't know reinforces that there's so much more to learn and see and be amazed by in this world. Although, sometimes what I don't know {understand} just baffles me. Maybe there are more Things I Don't Know posts to come. We'll see...}


What don't you know?



14 comments:

  1. Hearing you Elisa...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not knowing makes life more interesting... i never want to know it all because then I will stop searching. Like your search for a rainbow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Always more to learn, or a lesson to relearn on a deeper level I think xx

      Delete
  3. I wish I were more like you. I race through things, desperate to get to the next thing, and have such little persistence. I would love in theory to do the same yoga pose for five years, but in reality I do two salute to the suns every two months. My life has no rhythms...strangely, in the chaos it works. But your words inspire me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever works for you Zanni xx It took me a long time to realize slow was the perfect pace for me x

      Delete
  4. There have been a few unanswered questions for me too, I do hope that I find an answer to them soon life would be so much calmer if I could perhaps I need to sit and listen more maybe the answer will come to me. I also wish I knew the answer to what I want to be when I grow up:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sitting down and listening (stopping too) is often the key. Need to do some more of that too xx

      Delete
  5. Just found your lovely blog .... so glad I did and I look forward to reading more. M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slowing down...........in todays hectic environment this is a really important one I think. I've embrassed it. Loving simple. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree on the yoga front - it is so amazing for bringing awareness to the little things. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not knowing can be so overwhelming sometimes but other times I find that it really compels us live better lives. To question, to discover, to search. These are all good things. Happy to have stopped by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think for me, it's the not knowing that compels me to keep searching, learning and growing...though it can all get overwhelming at times.
    I'm still unsure of what I want to be when I grow up but am happy with where I am currently at :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. not knowing can be a good thing sometimes. btw, i am so glad you commented on my blog... because it led me to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support. I'm so glad you stopped by xx